Exactly! Who doesn’t love free stuff? In the past couple of years, I have become an avid “contester” (not a technical term). This has all been made possible through fast internet, constant connectivity and “contesting” motivation. Paper ballots for contest entry are becoming obsolete and auto-fill on mobile-friendly sites make for an easy contest-entry experience.
I would consider “contesting” to be my main online addiction. I visit a few contest sites regularly to catch up on the new contests and then begin my daily entering spree. There are one-time entry, daily entry, weekly entry, instant-win, photo submission, comment entry. I enter all of them. My iPhone is always with me and always ready to auto-fill my information into a contest form.
Prizes & Winnings
The reason that entering contests is such an addiction for me is because of the many things that I have won. It is always exciting to receive a “Congratulations, you have won…” email. A short while ago, I was attempting to write out a list of my winnings and couldn’t remember all of them, so this will be a summary of my most exciting and memorable prizes:
- A $3,000 cheque from Göt2b Canada’s #unboring contest
- A $1,000 prepaid Visa card from Majesta’s Take it e-z Spring Giveaway (Facebook)
- The Shopping Channel Prize Package including: A KitchenAid Stand Mixer, Dyson Hard Floor Vacuum, A faux-mink throw, An Isaac Mizrahi Purse, A Watch and Bracelet Set, and A L’Occitane en Provence hand and foot lotion travel kit
- Fendi Sunglasses
- 2 KitchenAid Blenders (one from a Best Health Magazine contest, and the second from a Bad Boy Furniture Store contest)
- $100 The Keg Gift Card
- 2 tickets to a Lady Gaga Concert
- 2 tickets to a Raptors basketball game
- 2 tickets to The Walking Dead Season 6 Fan Premiere in New York City
- $50 Urban Outfitters gift card
- $50 Outback Steakhouse gift card
- A Samsung Jack Smartphone (this one was a long time ago)
- A Samsung Galaxy Tab 4
- Multiple Cineplex Movie “Night Out” passes
- A $50 bottle of balsamic vinegar
- A Bauer Street Hockey blocker & glove set from Wrigley Canada
- Various $25 and $10 gift cards (Starbucks, Tim Hortons, Kernels, iTunes, etc.)
- Excel Gum Plushies & Earbuds (the entire Excel critter set)
- 2 Half-Rack Rib Dinners at Ribfest in Cambridge, ON from 91.5 The Beat
- A king-sized pillow from Sleep Country’s 12 Days of Christmas Facebook Contest
- A Personalized Penguin Christmas stocking, ornament & keychain from Things Engraved in a Facebook Contest
- A Wacoal bra valued up to $75 from Wacoal Bra of the Month Contest
- A Michelin Tire Man bobblehead & a Schneiders Girl Mascot bobblehead
- 3 boxes of Keurig K-Cups from a blog contest
- A Vegetarian Cookbook
- A Yoga DVD
- Multiple t-shirts
- Countless Free Product Coupons
- Plus, any other random small things that I may have forgotten
↑ That grand list of winnings above is exactly why I continue to regularly enter online contests. Thinking back to a time before I had an iPhone, I didn’t enter very many contests at all. Most entries required mailing in a ballot or writing on a paper ballot and dropping it into a box. I much prefer online entry as it can be completed anywhere at any time and is quick and convenient. Yay for technology!
You cannot win a contest if you do not enter!
Good Contest Karma
I won’t share all of my contest resources, but for some good contest karma, I will share one main resource for online contests: contestgirl.com
Leave a comment below and tell me what you have won through online contests.